Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Buildin' That Body Up!

Wow it's already April 27, and I have yet to update you all on my hardcore work out routines.  So for all of you that have been waiting anxiously for me to update, sitting by the computer day and night (mom), this one is for you.

The gym rules.  I don't know what I thought all these years that it was just a place for meatheads and girls that wore matching outfits.  I was for sure that I would NOT fit in with my old-tshirts and norts.  Granted the thing that really helps me with these work outs these days are my dear friends, Julia and Laura.  Two OBU girls from Texas that have also migrated to Little Rock, they are with me almost everytime I'm there.  It makes working out a lot more fun when you have friends there to make you forget the agony you may be going through.
Norts.

Another reason I've liked the gym is that I haven't been able to go outside in the last two-three weeks. Why? Well if any of you have been watching the weather channel lately, you would see that Arkansas, and even more specifically, CENTRAL Arkansas (where I'm located) has been a hot zone for some of the craziest storms I've ever seen.  I've taken cover so many times, that I might as well just keep pillows and blankets in the bathtub from here on out.  So instead of getting poured on or blown away, a gym has been the perfect place to go and feel somewhat "safe" (if you don't include the fact that if a tornado comes through, a 100lb weight may be blown into my face).

The roomates and I in our new bonding spot. The tub.


Things have been going really good! I'm running on the days I can, doing at least 30 minutes of cardio or more on days I can't.  I've also been lifting weights and can see the slightest bit of difference.  I soon hope to become as strong as those men in the gym whose necks are as thick as their heads.  I know I have a long way to go, but I'll get there one day. A girl can dream right?

I think this could be a good look for me?
 


On a much more THANKFUL note.  Thank you to all of you who donated to the American Heart Association. I raised $250!!


**I know this is a running blog, but I also wanted to add some pictures from my trip home for Easter this weekend. Enjoy!

My 15yr old sister, Alyssa.  Yes, I am older then her, and CLEARLY taller according to this picture.
She always says otherwise.

Katie, myself and Sarah.  My two very dear friends from UTA/TriDelt days.
We got to reunite over the Easter weekend in Funky Town.



No comments:

Post a Comment